Where the Baltic Sea and the North Sea meet

Monday, September 17, 2012

Oh boy, this might be the nerdiest post I’ve ever written on exPress-o, but I can not help myself. My friend Sofia sent me an article about this awesome spot in Skagen, Denmark where the Baltic Sea and the North Sea meet. The thing is that due to the very different water densities and chemical differences those two don’t fancy mingling or mixing. As a result they create the most amazing phenomenon of two bodies of water side by side. How cool would it be to see this in person? xo

P.S: You can also check out the exact spot on the map here.
P.P.S: Also, Sydney's ocean pool:)

(Photos by Kent Smith)

18 comments:

Hannah Q. Parris said...

Gorgeous. I love things like this. What a fascinating world we live in.

holtkamp said...

i had no idea, this is so cool!

Ana Degenaar said...

How beautiful!!!!

Monica | Hola!design said...

what! that's crazy! I love nerdy stuff like this! It'd be so cool to see this!

Kristina said...

That looks amazing! And not nerdy at all :)

Eliza Jane said...

This is not nerdy at all! This is AMAZING. It's now on my bucket list! x

Just Another Shopaholic said...

This is gorgeous.

Lena P Cox said...

I like nerd, he he
It's super cool

little t said...

That is so cool- never knew that!

Diana Mieczan said...

Hannah, you are so right: "What a fascinating world we live in."

Diana Mieczan said...

Kristina:)

Lady Grey said...

This is SO cool - but then again, I'm a total nerd : )

HiLLjO said...

WHAT!? I love this! I had no idea it looked this way.

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa....me too:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Riht, HiLLjO? I love it too. It's so incredibly special.

tiny dancer said...

Totally agree! This would be an amazing to see in person :)

Tasia

Anonymous said...

Come to the dark side!
You sea what I did there?

Anonymous said...

“He has let loose the two oceans meeting together. In-between them is a barrier which none of them can transgress. Which, then, of the benefits of your Lord will you deny? Out of them both come out pearl and coral. ” (Surah Ar-Rahman 55:19-22)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk